Saturday, March 31, 2012

#56 Another Saturday night

I'm going to be completely honest in this post, not that I haven't been in past ones, just a bit more than usual.

Sam Cooke sings this song called 'Another Saturday Night', Cat Stevens did a cover of it. The lyrics go like this...

'Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody.
I got some money 'cos I just got paid,
and how I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful way.'

I joke to myself it's my theme song, because lately, Saturday nights I have been by myself, with no one to talk to. I know, where are the violins? But it's true, this is a bit of sad sack post I admit. But I'm feeling like a sad sack, and to be honest, Facebook is to blame. If I hadn't seen one of my besties posts this evening I wouldn't be feeling like a dick. He just posted this picture of him and his friends eating a meal together with the caption 'Having dinner with the gang etc'... clearly I wasn't in it as I'm at home alone blogging like a loner. Was just a bit of a slap in the face. I know there was no intention to do so, but still, feels like a bit of a blow. I will admit a lot of the time I feel like I have no friends.

It's hard to make friends as you get older. I'm 28 this year and the older I get, the harder it gets. Unless of course you are a boozer and you can just go out and get drunk with your work mates - which I'm not. I'm not one for shallow friendships, I like a bit of depth. And I will admit I don't really make an effort... not because I don't want to... my job is really full on and I get so tired and peopled out. Excuses excuses...

I really hate Facebook. It's not real. You can edit your life, which isn't real. You only load good pictures of yourself, good pictures of your holiday and life etc. People never post the bad stuff. Many times I've flicked through peoples overseas photos and thought, 'shit, my life sucks'. You never see them load pics of their credit card declining, the lack of money, job, break ups, friends etc. I could go deeper in this but I'm starting to bore myself.

Anyway, tonight I am feeling pretty lonely, like a loser with no friends. I think people look at me and my life and think it's pretty awesome. It's not, it's pretty normal, I'm pretty normal. I would like an invite to dinner now and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment