Monday, August 22, 2011

#49 Thanks a lot Woody

I watched 'Vicky Christina Barcelona' recently and it got me thinking about relationships. I know 'Christina' the character, I know what it feels like to be constantly searching and never satisfied. And then I'm familiar with Vicky's character too. Experiencing something that makes you question the things you thought you always wanted. It's an interesting premise, and a disturbing one. I guess that's what makes it a good film - the fact I'm still thinking about it. I kind of wish I never saw it. Because now I'm thinking am I always going to be dissatisfied? Constantly wanting the unobtainable?

I will admit I always think the grass is greener, that maybe over that hill things will be better. I think that is also a good thing - it means there is always hope. I know that things can be better and will get better. I guess there needs to be a balance, as the saying goes 'you don't know what you've got till it's gone'. It's all cliches and stereotypes, and it's all true. How frustrating! Everything has been thought and felt before!

Well, what do they say? What is their advice? I know I'm going to forget about this movie, and these feelings it has provoked. Maybe the sooner the better? I hate not having answers. But deep down I know the answer starts and ends with the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment