Sunday, October 3, 2010

#13 He's my dad

This post is for my dad. It may be cheesy and melodramatic but who cares. Life is short and I'm not ashamed to say I love my dad heaps and heaps. He is a great guy, and although I may be bias, he is pretty well rounded. He has been through a shite load in his life and has turned out very balanced. He cares deeply for this family and children and there isn't anything he wouldn't do for them. He also looks 15 years younger than what he is so thanks for the good genes dad!


I had a really bad car accident at the end of 2007 on my way to Kaiteri. I was about 50 mins from my destination when these bloody tourists stepped out in front of my car. I was driving 100k when I hit the guy and needless to say the car was completely written off - he survived with a few missing teeth and a broken leg which is a miracle, I gave him the best story of his life. Anyway, so I'm 5 hours away from Christchurch, in the middle of nowhere, no car, all my stuff is IN my car and nowhere to go. And you know what? Dad says he will come and get me (also it's Christmas eve) and it's about 5.30pm. Long story short, Dad picks me up in Murchison five hours later, and takes me back to my flat in Chch, driving the 5 hours back. We arrive 3am Christmas morning - he even shouts me Burger King. I don't know what you think of that story but man, it moves me, and that's my dad... selfless and amazing. I am incredibly lucky.


Dad is a constant in my life and I know I would not be who I am today without his love and consistent support. He's my go to person when I need advice - he has given me priceless advice on how to deal with idiots. I owe so much to my dad, words don't really describe how much he means to me. I love you dad. 


BTW: I know not everyone gets on with their dad or their dad may not be here and this isn't here to make anyone feel bad - if it's any consolation I haven't seen my mother for nine years and we don't really have a relationship. 



No comments:

Post a Comment