Tuesday, August 31, 2010

#9 Be Kickstarted




















A NEW WAY TOFund & Follow Creativity


A great creative mind I know introduced me to Kickstarter, and how great it is to know there are things out there like this. In a small tiny box it is a website where people can get funding for their "projects" and then... do it. They apply, ask for money, give a due date, and see what happens. It's kind of like an aesthetic TradeMe... kind of... the difference is you don't get to bid on people's ideas, 'cos that's called stealing bitches - you get to support people's ideas. You get to watch snippets of their idea, then donate money towards it if you support their project. It's genius (Not available in NZ I don't think). I love the idea of a worldwide online creative community that support one another even though they have never physically met. Have a wee nosey, I'm sure you'll find it interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment